- 3 ounces, weight Minced Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 4 whole Eggs
- 8 ounces, weight Bread Crumbs
- 4 ounces, weight Chopped Parsley
- 12 ounces, weight Canned Diced Mushrooms
- 2 ounces, weight Butter
- 2 ounces, weight Flour
- 24 ounces, fluid Beef Stock
- 1 pound Sliced Button Mushrooms
- 1 whole Red Onions, Sliced 1/2-inch Thick
GrilledSaute onions, and garlic in 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat until translucent and then set them aside to cool.
Mix beef with cooled onion mixture, eggs, bread crumbs, parsley, and diced mushrooms. Form the mixture into 4-ounce patties and saute them in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter over medium high heat until golden brown on both sides. Set aside.
In a saucepan melt the other 2 ounces of butter and add flour and cook over low heat for 1 minute until you have a wet sand consistency.
Begin to add stock 1/3 at a time whisking and bringing to simmer each time making sure there are no lumps. Add the sliced mushrooms and simmer for 1/2 hour.
Place patties in a roasting pan and pour gravy over patties and bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 45 minutes. Garnish with grilled onions and serve.