These roasted potato stacks are not only too pretty to look at, they taste delicious as well. The crisp edges are especially moreish. Coupled with the garlic oil and fresh thyme leaves, they sometimes can upstage the main entrees and become the talk of the table.
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lb. Russets potatoes
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. Make the garlic oil: combine the olive oil and garlic in a small saucepan and gently warm over low heat until fragrant but the garlic is not brown. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Peel the potatoes and thinly slice them with a mandolin.
4. Brush 8 muffin tins with thr garlic oil with a pastry brush. Layer a potato slice in the bottom of a muffin tin and brush it with a thin layer of garlic oil. Layer another slice of potato and brush it with the garlic oil. Repeat until it stacks up to the top of the muffin tin.
5. Repeat step 4 with a new muffin tin until you have a total of 8 potato stacks.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the potato stacks with the fresh thyme leaves.
7. Bake the potato stacks in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or until the potatoes are golden brown and cook through.
8. Serve immediately with any main entrees.