Orangeade Iced Tea recipe by skipping the heat. Steep a large quantity of tea bags in room-temperature water for a strong-flavored brew without the bitterness. Instead of granulated sugar, sweeten the tea with simple syrup—equal parts water and sugar heated long enough to dissolve the sugar. Flavor the syrup with orange zest and added lemonade for a unique iced tea.
Makes 2 quarts
- 10 tea bags
- 4 cups water, at room temperature
- 2 cups lemonade
- 6 – 9 tablespoons recipe for Orange Syrup (see related recipe)
- 1. Submerge tea bags in water in serving pitcher. Steep for 45 minutes. Remove and discard tea bags.
- 2. Stir lemonade and Orange Syrup (adjust amount depending on desired sweetness) into tea. Serve over ice.
Orange Simple Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- Heat sugar, water, and orange zest in small saucepan over medium-high heat until sugar completely dissolves, about 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Strain and discard zest. Syrup can be refrigerated for 1 week.