This is one of my family favorites that I have made for years. It is super easy to throw together and contains ingredients that I always have on hand. When I make this I have to double the recipe because it tastes even better the next day!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 1 small green pepper , chopped
- 15 ounces whole kernel corn , drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes , do not drain
- 1 – 2 cups tomato juice (adjust to desired thickness)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans , drained)
- 2 teaspoon chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- dash of red pepper flakes
Brown the meat with the onion and green pepper. Drain meat, add in all other ingredients and simmer for 1 hour. It’s even better the next day!