If you love peanut butter and chocolate you must give these a try. This recipe is a share from Chef Curtis Stone. I am a big fan of Take Home Chef, maybe one day he will come to my hometown and I will get to meet him in the supermarket 🙂
If you haven’t watched the TV series Take Home Chef you need to look that up. Curtis is a fabulous Chef… Enjoy!
Makes about 20 cookies
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup natural chunky peanut butter (about 9 ounces)
1/2 cup (packed) light brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 tablespoons honey
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
5 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
• Preheat the oven to 350°F.
• Line 3 heavy large baking sheets with parchment paper.
• Mix the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
• Using an electric mixer, beat the peanut butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, honey, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended.
• Stir the dry ingredients into the peanut butter mixture in 2 additions.
• Stir in the chopped chocolate.
• Scoop about 3 tablespoonfuls of dough for each cookie onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing them 2 1/2 inches apart.
• Bake for about 12 minutes, or until the cookies puff and begin to brown on top but are still very soft to the touch.
• Let the cookies cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes.
• Then use a metal spatula to transfer the cookies to a wire rack.
• Enjoy the cookies warm or let them cool completely.