This is my new FAVORITE bread!!!
Focaccia is very popular as a sandwich roll, dinner bread or appetizer. Lightly seasoned and garnished with italian seasoning, rosemary, and olive oil.
Focaccia Rolls work well for a variety of sandwiches, Paninis and gourmet burgers. Simply slice in half and grill or toast. You can also garnish with mozzarella cheese.
This bread is perfect with any sandwich, or your favorite italian dish. Really all I need is a glass of iced tea and this bread 🙂
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours
Yield: 12 Rolls
- 1 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, divided
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, stir together the water, honey, and yeast.
- Allow to proof for ten minutes until nice and frothy.
- Add 2 Tablespoons olive oil, salt, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, and 1/2 teaspoon of the rosemary, and mix together.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining olive oil and herbs, and set aside.
- Attach the dough hook and add the flour.
- Knead on medium for 10-12 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic and doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Oil a large bowl and add the dough. Cover with a damp towel or plastic wrap and put in a draft-free area to rise for 1 1/2-2 hours, or until the dough doubles in size.
- Once risen, punch down, and divide into 12 equal size balls.
- Place on a greased baking sheet, cover with a damp towel, and allow to rise for 30-40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using the remaining olive oil and herb mix, brush on top of each roll.
- Pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the tops are golden brown and the rolls sound hollow.