You don’t have to go to a steakhouse restaurant to have a delicious wedge salad. It’s not only fresher at home, but lots cheaper. Play around with your own taste…this is just the classic. You could use store-bought blue cheese dressing or make your own. Hope you enjoy a crisp, fresh and delish wedge. Source: Cook’s Country
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large shallot, sliced into 1/8-inch-thick rings or a red onion
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce (9 ounces)
- 12 ounces cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Combine shallot and vinegar in bowl and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Using fork, remove shallot from vinegar; reserve shallot and 2 tablespoons vinegar. Whisk 3 ounces blue cheese (about 3/4 cup), mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, reserved vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper together in bowl until combined.
- Core the lettuce and cut it into 6 wedges. Start by cutting it in half and then each half into 3 equal wedges.
- Arrange lettuce wedges on platter and top with dressing, reserved shallot, and tomatoes. Crumble bacon over top and sprinkle with remaining 1 ounce blue cheese. Serve.