A richly flavored stove top baked bean recipe combining molasses, bacon, ketchup and brown sugar, then slowly simmered in a sweet-and-savory sauce. The recipe cooks quickly on the stove and makes enough for a picnic or barbecue. The flavor is like you have baked them for hours.
- 1/3 cup sautéed onion
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 5 slices cooked bacon
- Fry bacon and drain on paper towel. Remove grease from pan except 2-3 tablespoons to saute onions.
- After onions have softened, combine all ingredients.
- Crumble bacon and add to beans.
- Bring to a simmer, and keep it at a simmer for half on hour, or until it is thickened to your liking. Stir occasionally to keep the beans from burning.