I think this is a blue ribbon chili recipe. Many people love the taste of Wendy’s chili and it really does taste remarkably similar to Wendy’s. This recipe makes a ton—it’ll fill a 5 1/2-quart Dutch oven almost to the rim. Give this recipe a try – you will want more than one bowl!
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 pounds Ground Beef
- 2 stalks Celery, Chopped
- 1 whole Large Onion, Chopped
- 1 whole Green Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 3 cans (14 Oz. Size) Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 can (10 Oz. Size) Ro*tel Tomatoes
- 1 can (14 Oz. Size) Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup Water
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 2 packages (1 1/4 Oz. Size) Chili Seasoning Mix
- 1 can (14 Oz. Size) Kidney Beans, Undrained
- 1 can (14 Oz. Size) Navy Beans, Undrained
- 1 can (14 Oz. Size) Black Beans, Undrained
- 1 can (14 Oz. Size) Pinto Beans, Undrained
- 1 Tablespoon White Vinegar
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
Heat olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Brown ground beef with salt and pepper until cooked through, stirring frequently to break up clumps. Stir in celery, onion, and green bell peppers; cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until translucent.
Add stewed tomatoes, Rotel tomatoes, tomato sauce and water. Stir in dried parsley, cumin, and chili seasoning. Add undrained beans and stir to combine. Heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour. Stir in vinegar just before serving.
Source – ButterYum