The tart flavor of cranberries makes a nice complement to any Holiday feast. This is a classic! This is the real deal! Better than the can!
12 ounce fresh cranberries
3/4 cup sugar (more or less to taste)
1/2 cup fresh orange juice (2-3 oranges)
1/2 cup cranberry juice or pomegranate juice (I use cranberry)
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add cranberries, sugar, orange juice and cranberry or pomegranate juice.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Let simmer over medium heat until almost all of the cranberries have popped.
- Stir occasionally and continue cooking until sauce has thickened and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Pour into a serving dish.
- Sauce will thicken and set as it cools and gets better the next day.
Adapted – Divas Can Cook