Want a great tasting and healthy snack? When I saw this post over at Divas Can Cook I couldn’t help but give it a try. I’m glad I did, because it is REALLY good! Roasting broccoli in the oven brings on a whole new flavor. I will be having this snack (or side dish) often. Serve right out of the oven, it’s best hot.
3 small bunches of fresh broccoli
1 medium sweet potato
Adapted from Divas Can Cook (I omitted the garlic)
- Preheat oven to 450
- Wash and dry broccoli and sweet potato thoroughly.
- Cut florets from the stalk and set aside.
- Cut sweet potato into even sized cubes.
- Place broccoli and sweet potatoes into a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Just enough to lightly coat.
- Toss to distribute the oil.
- Place broccoli and sweet potatoes on a foil-lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with minced garlic and salt.
- Baked for 12-14 minutes or until sweet potatoes are tender and broccoli is lightly browned on the tips.
- Sprinkle with more salt if desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.