A wonderful combination of sweet and spicy flavors that tastes a million times better than take-out! This recipe has a perfect balance of sweet and spicy with a hint of the buffalo sauce. It’s called Firecracker Chicken, but my husband renamed it…[ DYNAMITE Chicken] it’s that good! He’s not a chicken fan, but loved this, and it’s my daughter’s new favorite. It’s always a good feeling to please your loved ones.
It’s so easy to make, and the taste is amazing. I saw the recipe on Pinterest many times, and finally made it. I’m glad I did, because this will be on the menu often.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Franks Hot Sauce, or more, to taste
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or more, to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9×13 baking dish or coat with non-stick spray.
- To make the sauce, whisk together sugar, buffalo sauce, vinegar, salt, red pepper flakes and 1 tablespoon water in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a large bowl, season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in cornstarch and gently toss to combine. Working one at a time, dip the chicken into the eggs.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Add chicken and cook until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate; discard excess oil.
- Add chicken to prepared baking dish. Top with buffalo sauce mixture. Place into oven and bake until the sauce has thickened, about 45 minutes, turning over every 15 minutes to evenly coat the chicken.
- Serve immediately.
Don’t forget the fortune cookies 😉